The Miami Women's Club is a petite golden yellow tower at the south end of Margaret Pace Park, standing watch over Biscayne Bay. This Mediterranean Revival structure was designed by August Geiger, one of the great Med Revival architects of Miami's early years, and opened in 1926. Recently, urban explorer Bullet of abandonedfl.com went inside to photograph the club's magnificent ballroom, awaiting its restoration.
The two-level space has sweeping bay views through tall, arched windows on three sides, opposite a gallery sheltering a more intimate space (perhaps formerly a club living room or salon) with a fireplace on the courtyard side. Last June, club membership signed a 90 year lease with the Heafey Group, which would undertake a restoration of the building and then sublease space out to a high end restaurant.